Time now to reveal the answer to last week’s Name That Author!, which was sponsored by Ruby Red by Kerstin Geir.
About Ruby Red: Gwyneth Shepherd’s sophisticated, beautiful cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth, who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin to a different era!
Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon—the time traveler from a similarly gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whose presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential. Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the eighteenth century and in contemporary London, they can trust.
But before the answer, let’s recap the clues:
1. My house was on of the stops Ken Kesey made as chronicled in The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test.
2. During an acceptance speech for a screenwriting award, I thanked my typewriter.
3. I have owned and operated one of America’s largest used bookstores for more than 30 years.
4. The most famous adaptation of one of my novels starred Jack Nicholson.
5. I grew up in Texas, though it is unknown if I was ever lonesome.
And now…the answer!