Britney Spears’ memoir, titled The Woman in Me, will be released October 24, 2023. Simon & Schuster’s imprint Gallery Books won the rights to publish it after several publishers vied for it. Spears’ book deal settled on $15 million, making it one of the biggest ever after the Obamas‘.
Fans of the pop icon will no doubt look forward to Spears’ account of her life as one of the biggest pop stars in the world, as well as her 13-year-long conservatorship that only just ended in November 2021.
Senior Vice President of Gallery Books Jennifer Bergstrom said, “Britney’s compelling testimony in open court shook the world, changed laws, and showed her inspiring strength and bravery. I have no doubt her memoir will have a similar impact — and will be the publishing event of the year. We couldn’t be more proud to help her share her story at last.”
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- The Best Audiobooks of 2023, According to AudioFile
- The Best-Selling Indie Books of the Year, According to Bookshop.org
- The 10 Best Books of 2023, According to the New York Times
- Most Parents Rank Librarians as Trustworthy in New Parental Perceptions of Librarians Survey
- The Bestselling Books of the Week, According to All the Lists
- The 2023 Booker Prize Winner Announced
- This is the Word of the Year, According to Merriam-Webster
- NPR’s Best Books of the Year
- Huge Libro.fm Audiobook Sale
- The 100 Notable Books of 2023, According to the New York Times