Welcome to Name That Author!, a Name That Tune-style author-guessing game.
We start by giving you one clue, then one additional clue per hour through the afternoon. The first person to guess the author correctly wins a book of our choosing, and all other correct guessers will be entered into a drawing at the end of each month.
You can submit your guess using the form below after any clue, but if you’re wrong, you’re out for the week. So you’ve got to pick your spot. Too early and you might be wrong; wait until you’re sure, and you might get scooped.
**Be warned: if you Tweet your guess or leave a comment with your guess, you’re not only disqualified for this week, but for the rest of the month.**
Here we go:
1. My first language was French.
2. I was born in a hotel.
3. I served in an ambulance unit during World War I.
4. I was in a motorcycle accident with Hemingway in which he broke his arm. I was unscathed.
5. During my early career, I was a supporter of Communism, but by the end of my life I wrote admiringly of Barry Goldwater’s presidential bid.
6. I was on the cover of Time magazine.
[contact-form-7 id=”4365″ title=”Name That Author!”]