Every year, Goodreads holds their Goodreads Choice Awards, where users vote for the best new releases in a variety of categories. Unlike most book awards, this one is by popular vote, so it gives a snapshot of the biggest, buzziest books of the moment. You don’t need to have read all the books in each category to vote in it, so it tends to be the most-read books that take the prize.
The opening round of 2023’s awards has begun, and you can vote for your favorite new release in 15 genre categories. Controversially, several categories from previous years are not around for this year, including children’s books and poetry. There’s also a new category: Romantasy.
You can vote in the opening round from now until November 26th. The final round will be November 28th to December 3rd, and the winners will be announced December 7th.
Also In This Story Stream
- The Best Audiobooks of 2023, According to AudioFile
- The Best-Selling Indie Books of the Year, According to Bookshop.org
- The 10 Best Books of 2023, According to the New York Times
- Most Parents Rank Librarians as Trustworthy in New Parental Perceptions of Librarians Survey
- The Bestselling Books of the Week, According to All the Lists
- The 2023 Booker Prize Winner Announced
- This is the Word of the Year, According to Merriam-Webster
- NPR’s Best Books of the Year
- Huge Libro.fm Audiobook Sale
- The 100 Notable Books of 2023, According to the New York Times