We start by giving you one clue, then one additional clue per hour through the afternoon. The first person to guess the author correctly wins a book of our choosing, and all other correct guessers will be entered into a drawing at the end of each month.
You can submit your guess using the form below after any clue, but if you’re wrong, you’re out for the week. So you’ve got to pick your spot. Too early and you might be wrong; wait until you’re sure, and you might get scooped.
**Be warned: if you Tweet your guess or leave a comment with your guess, you’re not only disqualified for this week, but for the rest of the month.**
Here we go:
1. Adaptations of my work starred Elizabeth Taylor, Alan Arkin, Marlon Brando, and others.
2. While on my way to college, I lost my tuition money and never attended my intended institution.
3. My husband tried to convince me to commit suicide with him. And this was during our second marriage.
4. By my early 30s, my entire left side was paralyzed.
5. A musical about my life opened in New York City last year.
[contact-form-7 id=”4365″ title=”Name That Author!”]