Originally a webcomic, the Heartstopper graphic novels by Alice Oseman have been a huge success, including having a strong TikTok fanbase. They’ve has been adapted into an eight part Netflix series starring Joe Locke as Charlie and Kit Connor as his love interest, Nick.
The trailer promises an adorable and awkward love story between the two, with Netflix describing it as “chock-full of bedroom dancing, awkward flirting, rugby shenanigans and a whole lot of yearning.”
The series drops on Netflix April 18th. The graphic novel series is still ongoing, with the fifth and final volume scheduled to come out some time this year.
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- High School Activist Given PEN Award for Organizing Protests Against “Don’t Say Gay” Bill
- Party to Celebrate Bookstore Cat’s Retirement
- Here Are the Winners of the 57th Annual Nebula Awards
- 1600s Predicting the Existence of Aliens Found
- New Freckle Survey Shows Where Americans Get Their Books
- Colin Kaepernick Releasing YA Graphic Memoir
- These Are the States That Love Reading the Most
- Teens in Pennsylvania Created a Fundraiser to Counteract Book Banning
- 8 Year Old Published Book About How A Turtle Got Its Shell
- Percy Jackson Author Speaks Out Against Racist Complaints Over Casting