We start by giving you one clue, then one additional clue per hour through the afternoon. The first person to guess the author correctly wins a book of our choosing, and all other correct guessers will be entered into a drawing at the end of each month.
You can submit your guess using the form below after any clue, but if you’re wrong, you’re out for the week. So you’ve got to pick your spot. Too early and you might be wrong; wait until you’re sure, and you might get scooped.
**Be warned: if you Tweet your guess or leave a comment with your guess, you’re not only disqualified for this week, but for the rest of the month.**
Here we go:
1. Though I am known as a humorist, it has been noted that I rarely laugh.
2. Perhaps unsurprisingly, I always read drafts of my written work aloud before deciding if it is finished.
3. I once described my stories as being like 20 minute haikus on life in Minnesota.
4. Tom Wolfe might have his white suits, but I have my tuxedos and sneakers.
5. Though I wrote for The New Yorker for more than twenty years, I was inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame.
[contact-form-7 id=”4365″ title=”Name That Author!”]By signing up you agree to our Terms of Service