Welcome to Name That Author!, a Name That Tune-style author-guessing game.
We start by giving you one clue, then one additional clue per hour through the afternoon. The first person to guess the author correctly wins a book of our choosing, and all other correct guessers will be entered into a drawing at the end of each month.
You can submit your guess using the form below after any clue, but if you’re wrong, you’re out for the week. So you’ve got to pick your spot. Too early and you might be wrong; wait until you’re sure, and you might get scooped.
**Be warned: if you Tweet your guess or leave a comment with your guess, you’re not only disqualified for this week, but for the rest of the month.**
Here we go:
1. I said that my biggest influence was Hemingway, and that I thought that might surprise some people.
2. I contributed to my college’s humor magazine, though I’m not known as a comic writer.
3. I famously wrote every weekday morning and read every weekday afternoon, the smell of the restaurant preparing lunch below my office marking the change.
4. I published work in all literary forms, save drama.
5. Though I am strongly associated with New York, I spent most of my professional life living in Massachusetts
[contact-form-7 id=”4365″ title=”Name That Author!”]