We love our readers, and we love what they have to say just as much. Here are some of our favorite comments from the week that was.
“I could be wrong about this, but I’m fairly certain the first paragraph of The Portrait of a Lady was longer than 11/22/63.”
by Kyle Behymer on Bookish Paranoia or The Future of Big Books?
“Whenever I try to fill what I think is a hole in my reading life, I find the highest rated book by that author on Goodreads or LibraryThing and start there. Because if I’m honest, if I give an author a chance and the book sucks, I won’t go back.”
by Melissa on Would You Give This Author a Second Chance?
“It’s time to face facts. The world is changing and words change with it. And to be so particular that you insist that books can only be made of paper is to stick behind the times. Books is just as acceptable a term to be used for ebooks as it for books. After all ebooks are merely Electronic books. By the very definition of their name they are books.”
by A rose by any other name on Why Bundling is the Best, Safest, and Cheapest Way to Discover Books
“The Hunger Games: I’m going to suggest something like Cinnamon Whiskey or Goldschlager.
1. Do a prepatory shot during the reaping
2. Every time Katniss is conflicted about Peeta or Gale
3. Every time someone helps Katniss without telling her
4. Whenever she mentions the “metallic taste of blood” or it’s “sticky sweet smell”
5. When someone close to Katniss dies, pour a little out
6. When Katniss kills someone or something
7. Whenever Haymitch or Katniss are wasted chug a water”
by Rebecca on A Reader’s Drinking Game, First Edition
“I feel like my version of this would be “Books I Should Have Read in School But Never Did Because I Just Used Sparknotes Instead””
by Margot Wood on #readingfail: Famous Novels I Never Finished
By signing up you agree to our Terms of Service