A few weeks ago, as part of our launch celebration, we asked an important question: what was the first comic you loved? 215 Panels readers answered the call, naming 240 unique titles (the survey allowed up to three responses per person).
All mentions of books that changed hands between many writers and artists over the years but are ultimately the same book were grouped together. Mentions of individual issues of one book were grouped together. Check out the top nine answers below, and see the full response set here. Let’s do this!
- Batman (various) – 30 votes
- X-Men (various) – 22
- Archie (various) – 19
- Amazing Spider-Man (various) -19
- Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples – 18
- The Sandman by Neil Gaiman – 17
- Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons – 15
- Y: The Last Man by Brian K. Vaughan – 12
- Fables by Bill Willingham – 10
It’s cool that there’s a solid mix of old and new, superheroes and not-superheroes, long-running series and finite works here. That’s what Panels is all about, and while we can’t assume the folks who took this survey are a representative sample of the whole community, it’s a nice indicator that y’all seem to feel the same way.
Whaddya think? Did the comic that got you hooked make the list?By signing up you agree to our Terms of Service