And Nerdfighters everywhere rejoice!
During a VidCon 2017 panel, beloved YA author John Green announced the much awaited date of his latest book and the Twitterverse exploded in a fury of excitement and joy.
Turtles All the Way Down, published by Penguin Random House, is scheduled to be released on October 10, 2017. Although some low key hints have been made during recent Vlogbrothers videos referencing this announcement, readers were surprised to learn just how soon we can expect Green’s newest book after the meteoric success of The Fault in Our Stars.
In celebration of this announcement, Penguin Random House released a list titled “What You Need to Know About John Green’s Turtles All the Way Down.”
1. The book’s called Turtles All the Way Down.
2. It begins with a fugitive billionaire and a cash reward.
3. The story is about lifelong friendship, the intimacy of an unexpected reunion, and Star Wars fan fiction.
4. It’s also about Tuatara, which are reptiles that live in New Zealand. They look like lizards, but aren’t.
5. Its heroine is 16 year-old Aza Holmes.
6. Aza sets out to look for clues to find the missing billionaire, whilst grappling with mental illness.
7. Her story is partly inspired by some of John’s own experiences. He says:
“This is my first attempt to write directly about the kind of mental illness that has affected my life since childhood, so while the story is fictional, it is also quite personal.”
8. John’s last book was published six years ago, and he’ s been working on this one for years. But that’s not unusual – The Fault in Our Stars took 10 years to write.
9. Readers should expect plenty of metaphors! In John’s words:
‘The great thing about figurative language and symbols and the like in novels is that you don’t have to be conscious of them for them to work.’
10. Turtles All the Way Down will be published on 10 October, 2017.
And as always… don’t forget to be awesome.
By signing up you agree to our Terms of Service