Register as a General Attendee for Book Riot Live by April 30, 2015 and be entered to win a $500 Pre-Paid VISA card (open to US residents only).
Book Riot Live captures the passion for books and sense of play of Book Riot, but, you know, in person. Happening November 7th and 8th, 2015 in New York City, it will be the reader convention we’ve always wanted to go to. There will be 1,500 readers like you, the Book Riot squad, authors like Laurie Halse Anderson, Danielle Henderson, Daniel Jose Oldér, and more, games, live podcast recordings and other shenanigans including signings, panels, small group discussions, how-tos, meet-and-greets, karaoke — basically anything and everything we’ve ever wanted to do at a convention.
What would you do with $500? Buy your airline ticket? Sure. Upgrade to a swanky hotel room? Maybe. Or do some of these Riot-recommended things you can only do in NYC:
- Get cocktails at the Bookmarks Lounge, the Library Hotel’s rooftop bar
- Eat at staff-favorite and Yelp 4.5 star restaurant, Traif (bacon donuts!)
- Get a first edition from the Strand’s Rare Book Room
- Stock up on crime-fighting gadgets (and support a literacy nonprofit) at the Brooklyn Superhero Supply Co
- Take in some top-notch theater at BAM
- Eat all the gelato money can buy on the High Line
- Buy ALL THE THINGS from the Book Riot Live vendor booths
- Take yourself and a friend on a helicopter tour of NYC
- Eat all the s’mores and play all the boardgames at Camp, Brooklyn
If you’ve already registered for Book Riot Live, you’re automatically entered. If not, you’ve got ’til April 30th. Full contest rules here.