That’s right, guys and dolls, today is Book Riot’s 5th birthday! We’ve come a long way since the banana candle (still my favorite post probably), from a dozen contributors making it up as we went to 160 writers, over a dozen newsletters, 12 full-time employees, 4 podcasts, a reader convention, a store, and tons more. To celebrate, a quick look back at the 10 most popular posts of the site’s history:
- 16 Things Calvin and Hobbes Said Better Than Anyone Else
- Louis C.K. Reading Catcher in the Rye (Can Someone Please Make This Happen?)
- America’s Most Beautiful Public Library
- My Little Free Library Was Violated!
- 10 Kick-Ass Secret Passage Bookshelves
- The Last Line of The Great Gatsby: “So we beat on…”
- Rising to the Challenge: How the Book Internet Delivered Books to Teens
- What I Said When They Came for The Handmaid’s Tale
- The Myers-Briggs Types of 202 Fictional Characters
- The Coolest Bookshelves Ever: Part Uno
Happy birthday, Book Riot readers, and thanks for reading us these past five years.