If you’re an audible listener, you know the little surge of joy that happens when you’re listening to an audiobook and suddenly there’s a notification that you’ve unlocked a new badge. But they’re mysterious little buggers and it’s hard to find a description for each badge. Until now! Below, I have outlined each badge and what it takes to get it.
I’ll admit, I didn’t even know about Audible badges until someone mentioned them during the Book Riot Insiders Audiobooks chat. But as soon as I knew they existed, I wanted them all (well done, Audible marketing, well done).
If you have an Audible account, you can see which badges you have by going to the “me” tab under “more” on the bottom of your Audible app. (I don’t think you mean see which badges you have viewing your Audible account on a regular web browser, I’m pretty sure you have to use the app, but I am sure someone will correct me in the comments if I’m wrong).
There are 15 total badges; within each category, you can obtain the Silver, Gold, and Diamond levels. There are cute little poems that sort of sound like Harry Potter spells when you click on each badge you DON’T have. If you click on a badge you do have, it just tells you what you did to earn that badge.
Without further ado….
This one is all about bookmarks. The more bookmarks you place in your Audible books, the higher level you’ll attain.
- Silver: 10 Bookmarks
- Gold: 40 Bookmarks
- Diamond: 125 Bookmarks
The more you share your Audible achievements with your social media followers, the higher you’ll go with this badge.
- Silver: shared 5x
- Gold: shared 25x
- Diamond: shared 100x
Audible Obsessed (Daily Dipper)
- Silver: Listening every day for 7 days
- Gold: Listening every day for 30 days
- Diamond: Listening every day for 90 days
- Silver: 5 hours in one weekend
- Gold: 10 hours in one weekend
- Diamond: 24 hours in one weekend
- Silver: same audio book 3x
- Gold: same audio book 10x
- Diamond: same audio book 20x
All Nighter (Night Owl)
- Silver: listen to 4 hrs at night
- Gold: listen to 6 hrs at night
- Diamond: listen to 8 hrs at night
- Silver: listening 16 hours straight
- Gold: listening 18 hours straight
- Diamond: listening 24 hours straight
- Silver: look at your stats 50x
- Gold: look at your stats 200x
- Diamond: look at your stats 500x
- Silver: 2 hrs during lunchtime
- Gold: 3 hrs during lunchtime
- Diamond: 4 hrs during lunchtime
- Silver: 1 complete book start to finish
- Gold: 5 complete books start to finish
- Diamond: 10 books start to finish
7 day stretch
- Silver: Completed 7 books in a single week
- Gold: Completed 15 books in a single week
- Diamond: Completed 50 books in a single week
- Silver: 10 unfinished books in your library
- Gold: 20 unfinished books in your library
- Diamond: 75 unfinished books in your library
- Silver: having 50 books in your library
- Gold: having 200 books in your library
- Diamond: having 500 books in your library
- Silver: completing a title that is 30 hours long
- Gold: completing a title that is 60 hours long
- Diamond: completing a title that is 78 hours long
These last two are a little confusing. I don’t have either of them so here’s what the poems say for each:
Nibbler: “Entertain several books, though none of them stay, we’ll be calling you Nibbler by the end of the day.”
Dabbler: “Nobody says your library’s diminished; it’s teeming with books! (just a few of them finished.)”
I think the Nibbler badge used to be called the undecider. If so, here’s the criteria for the Nibbler and Dabbler badges:
- Silver listen to 3 different titles in one day
- Gold: listen to 15 different titles in one day
- Diamond: listen to 40 different titles in one day
- Silver: listening to parts of 3 different titles in one day
- Gold: listening to parts of 15 different titles in one day
- Diamond: listening to parts of 40 different titles in one day
So, what are you waiting for? Get listening!
This post first appeared in the Audiobooks newsletter