If you’re a fan of all things Middle-earth, here’s your opportunity to spend the night in the famous Hobbiton. AirBNB is offering three people the chance to win an overnight at The Shire’s New Zealand filming location in March 2023. Although the site has always been open to visitors, this experience is new in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the Hobbit‘s first film.
Tickets to enter for the two night stay in the two bedroom house go on sale December 14, at 10 AM New Zealand time (that’s December 13, 5 PM Eastern). Each entry is $6.
The Shire’s decor was put together by Brian Massey, designer behind Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. If you are one of the lucky winners, you’ll get to spend those nights among a lovely book nook and be within walking distance of Green Dragon Inn, which serves Southfarthing beer and cider.
In addition to the stay, the three lucky winners will get first-class Hobbit treatment to include:
- Private access to a personal Hobbit Hole, set up for relaxing moments of Preciousss™ downtime and afternoon tea.
- An evening banquet in The Green Dragon Inn with a feast featuring beef and ale stew, whole roast chickens, freshly baked breads and plenty of ale, plus Second Breakfast™ and Elevenses™ served daily.
- A behind-the-scenes private tour of Hobbiton Movie Set to explore the makings of the trilogies.
Check out the listing on AirBNB for more images of this magical place for book nerds and set your alarm for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- The Best Reviewed Fiction of 2023
- Goodreads Staff Share Their Top Books of 2023
- This is the Word of the Year, According to Oxford
- The Best Fiction of 2023, According to the LA Times
- The Bestselling Books of the Week, According to All the Lists
- The 20 Best Books of the Year, According to Esquire
- The Best Audiobooks of 2023, According to AudioFile
- The Best-Selling Indie Books of the Year, According to Bookshop.org
- The 10 Best Books of 2023, According to the New York Times
- Most Parents Rank Librarians as Trustworthy in New Parental Perceptions of Librarians Survey