I’m a Gryffindor, but much as it pains me to admit this, mine is not the greatest Hogwarts house. I’ll proudly wave the Gryffindor flag and cheer my house on to victory, but at the end of the day, Hufflepuffs, I’m your number one fan. And here’s why:
1. Hufflepuffs are basically a better version of Gryffindors.
During the battle of Hogwarts, virtually all Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors chose to stay and fight Voldemort. So basically, Hufflepuffs have all the bravery of Gryffindors with none of the boast and bluster.
2. They’re the hobbits of the wizarding world.
They’re unassuming and easily underestimated but they always rise to the occasion. And the Hufflepuff common room is basically a hobbit hole, am I right?
3. Some of the greatest wizards of all time are Hufflepuff.
Newt Scamander, Cedric Diggory, Tonks…Need I go on?
4. Some pretty amazing muggles are also Hufflepuffs.
Eddie Redmayne, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Rupert Grint, Matthew Lewis, John Green. Pretty much all the cool kids are honey badgers.
5. Hufflepuffs are loyal, kind, and unafraid of toil…but they also know how to party.
Consider their ghost, the Fat Friar. This poltergeist just wants to have fun.
6. Their mascot, the badger, is fierce AF.
Badgers are one of the most badass predators in the wild. Just look at this epic battle between a honey badger and a snake. Sorry, Slytherin, but the badger wins PAWS DOWN.
7. Hufflepuff is J.K. Rowling’s favorite Hogwarts house.
I know as a Gryffindor I should be offended but I’m not. Hufflepuffs really are the greatest and it’s time everyone admitted that indisputable fact.