The United States Postal Service announced that it will be issuing an Ursula K. Le Guin stamp that will go on sale nationwide on July 27, 2021. Ursula K. Le Guin is the prolific and award-winning author of numerous speculative fiction works, including The Left Hand of Darkness and The Earthsea Cycle.
With art by Donato Giancola and art direction from Antonio Alcalá, this is the 33rd stamp in the USPS Literary Arts series. The stamp features a portrait of the author and a scene from The Left Hand of Darkness. The stamp will be issued in Portland, Oregon, the city Le Guin called home, where a First-Day-of-Issue Dedication Ceremony will be held.
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- Barnes & Noble Offers 25% Off Pre-Orders
- Twitter Confirmed it Authorized Fake Cormac McCarthy Account
- Mercedes Lackey’s Valdemar Fantasy Books To Be Adapted for TV
- No More New Episodes of Arthur
- Rare Tablet Bearing Ancient Epic Poem Forfeited to U.S.
- 2021 World Fantasy Awards Finalists Announced
- Reese’s Book Club’s Latest Pick
- Vote for the Tonight Show’s Annual Summer Reads Book Club Selection
- ANNE OF GREEN GABLES Star Narrates EMILY OF NEW MOON Audiobooks
- Paranormal Experiences in the Works at the Borden House