The United States Postal Service announced that it will be issuing an Ursula K. Le Guin stamp that will go on sale nationwide on July 27, 2021. Ursula K. Le Guin is the prolific and award-winning author of numerous speculative fiction works, including The Left Hand of Darkness and The Earthsea Cycle.
With art by Donato Giancola and art direction from Antonio Alcalá, this is the 33rd stamp in the USPS Literary Arts series. The stamp features a portrait of the author and a scene from The Left Hand of Darkness. The stamp will be issued in Portland, Oregon, the city Le Guin called home, where a First-Day-of-Issue Dedication Ceremony will be held.
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- New Freckle Survey Shows Where Americans Get Their Books
- Colin Kaepernick Releasing YA Graphic Memoir
- These Are the States That Love Reading the Most
- Teens in Pennsylvania Created a Fundraiser to Counteract Book Banning
- 8 Year Old Published Book About How A Turtle Got Its Shell
- Percy Jackson Author Speaks Out Against Racist Complaints Over Casting
- A Pennsylvania School District’s Proposed Book Challenge Policy is Plagiarized From Texas’s
- The Winners of the 2022 Pulitzer Prize Have Been Announced
- Boston Public Library Is Now Hosting 1-Hour Wedding Ceremonies for $200
- WNDB Campaign to Send Care Packages to LGBTQIA+ Kids and How You Can Help