Here’s how it works:
1. I give you a cryptic clue about the answer, which is a play on the title of a classic novel.
2. I give you a series of jumbled words related to the novel and a clue for each. You then unscramble them.
3. Each unscrambled word contains a couple of letters of the solution. [The letters that go into the solution are bracketed]
4. Once you have all the letters, you then unscramble them to figure out the solution.
Alright, here we go.
Transparent desert sustenance?
1. emarhl (The Duke recommends taking the A train here) –  –  – –
2. cvite (displace) –   – –
3. madenun (incognito) –      –
4. sulio (“Satchmo,” to his wife) – – –  
5. beamnest (Man cave locale, often)  – –  – –  –
The answer is below. Highlight the text to show answers.
Jeff O’Neal is the editor of Book Riot. Follow him on Twitter: @readingape