Try something a bit different for Halloween this year, and not just letting your plain old toothy-grinned pumpkins sit placidly on your stoop. I went around and found some easy (or easy-ish) DIY pumpkin carving and decorating patterns and tutorials so you don’t have to. Chop chop!
- Batman. You can’t go wrong with the Bat Symbol.
- Groot. We are Groot.
- Sailor Moon. Such a perfect silhouette-able design.
- Superman. The other classic symbol.
- Chi. The adorable little personal computer from Chobits.
- Charlie Brown and Snoopy. It’s a great pumpkin.
- Wonder Woman. Goddess.
- The Joker. Complete with a bunch of HAHAHAHAHA.
- Selina Kyle. Purrr-fect.
Who says you must get dirty with pumpkin guts? Great comic-covered pumpkin tutorial here. Don’t deal with the rotting, stinking mess a fresh jack-o-lantern is destined to become.
Pumpkin-lighting ideas from LifeHacker.
More fun with craft pumpkins: paint ’em black and light up a silhouette.
There are so many things you can do, even if you don’t want to use a real pumpkin that’ll rot and mold all up in your yard. I always get so much personal satisfaction out of doing craft projects like these, and I hope you’ll give it a try. If you do, send us pictures via Facebook or Twitter! If we get enough reader-submitted comics-related jack-o-lanterns, I may just feature a bunch of my favorites here.