IGN reported that the much-memed children’s show Arthur is ending its 25-year run. The animated series first aired on PBS in 1996. While the 25th season will conclude the show, episodes will continue to be available on PBS Kids, according to Arthur’s executive producer. The series was adapted from the Arthur children’s books by Marc Brown. The Arthur books include picture books, chapter books, and a D.W. spin-off series.
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- Here are the 5 Canada Reads Contenders and their Champions
- Celebrate Black Children’s Book Week February 27 – March 5!
- Continued Harassment of Library Workers in Illinois
- Teaser Trailer Released for Guillermo del Toro’s PINOCCHIO
- Here are the Comics Nominees for the 33rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards
- Thích Nhất Hạnh, Buddhist Monk, Activist, and Author, Dies at 95
- Male Characters Still Outnumber Female Characters in Children’s Books
- Mystery Writers of America Announces the 2022 Edgar Award Nominations
- Little Free Library’s Action Book Club has an Environmental Theme in 2022
- Bookstore Receives Payment for Books 50 Years Later