Attention Librarians and Library Workers!!!
The Every Library Institute, a nonprofit organization focused on supporting libraries and library funding around the U.S., has launched their “Help A Librarian Out” (HALO) fund. This fund gives librarians or library workers (or households who have a librarian or library worker) affected by the COVID-19 pandemic a “no strings attached” grant of $250.
Every Library Institute is able to provide these grants through their national fundraising effort, individual donors, and generous donations from Awesome Libraries Project and Urban Librarians Unite. This grant is meant to help library workers who’ve experienced job loss and/or significant wage loss due to the pandemic.
Grants will given out on a rolling basis as long as funds are available. For more information on eligibility and to fill out your application, go to: https://www.everylibraryinstitute.org/haloapply
For non-librarians who can spare a few dollars, please consider donating at https://www.everylibraryinstitute.org/halo .
We want to give a special thanks to the partner organizations who have supported our Help a Library Worker Out Fund (HALO)!
Find out more at https://t.co/NC2oYMcfWJ
— everylibrary (@EveryLibrary) April 13, 2020
Also In This Story Stream
- Libraries Reopen in COVID-19 Hot Spots: Are Library Staff Being Protected?
- More Bookish and Literary Masks for Your Pandemic Life
- Quaranzines are Popular and Libraries are Noticing
- A New Role for Little Free Libraries
- As Bookstores Reopen, Stores Seek Safe Practices
- Librarians in Phoenix Become Healthcare Workers
- Amid a Pandemic and Information Crisis, FL Library Funding Demolished
- 6 Free Children’s Ebooks on the Coronavirus
- Lockdown Summer: Literary Translation Events Online
- J.K. Rowling Releases Serialized Novel THE ICKABOG
- How Public Libraries Are Handling Summer Reading During COVID-19
- Essential Until We’re Not: An Angry Librarian On the Disregard for Library Staff Safety
- Taika Waititi Leads All-Star Reading of JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH to Fund COVID-19 Relief
- 6 Ways to Maximize Your Reading Time During the Pandemic
- Chicago Public Library Calls Staff Back to Work, Plans Full Reopen June 1