It’s November, and according to the retail calendar, that means it’s practically Christmas. There are some other winter holidays that are coming up sooner — Diwali is in just a few days, and Hannukah starts December 7th. In any case, like shopping malls, publishing likes to start celebrating early. You need those books on the shelf ready for when the holiday reading mood strikes!
As we put away our Halloween horror books, the natural successor is the holiday romance novel. Winter holidays invite coziness and comfort as we wait out the shortest days and coldest temperatures of the year (at least in the northern hemisphere). What better way to tap into nostalgia and coziness than a themed romance novel? There’s a reason there are so many holiday romance movies every year!
If you’re ready to start building your winter holiday TBR, Goodreads has you covered with a list of 42 new holiday romance novels out in 2023. It’s heavy on the Christmas stories, but there are some Diwali and Hannukah romances included, too. Here are some highlights from the list.
New Winter Holiday Romance Novels Out in 2023
A Holly Jolly Ever After by Julie Murphy and Sierra Simone
Sleepless in Dubai by Sajni Patel
Three Holidays and a Wedding by Uzma Jalaluddin and Marissa Stapley
Time to Shine by Rachel Reid
Wrapped with a Beau by Lillie Vale
The Christmas Swap by Talia Samuels
Also In This Story Stream
- The Best Audiobooks of 2023, According to AudioFile
- The Best-Selling Indie Books of the Year, According to Bookshop.org
- The 10 Best Books of 2023, According to the New York Times
- Most Parents Rank Librarians as Trustworthy in New Parental Perceptions of Librarians Survey
- The Bestselling Books of the Week, According to All the Lists
- The 2023 Booker Prize Winner Announced
- This is the Word of the Year, According to Merriam-Webster
- NPR’s Best Books of the Year
- Huge Libro.fm Audiobook Sale
- The 100 Notable Books of 2023, According to the New York Times