An imprint of Disney Publishing Worldwide, Hyperion Avenue, is debuting new fiction under Marvel Crime. The new endeavor will feature three original novels by bestselling authors S.A. Cosby, Lisa Jewell, and Alex Segura. The stories will be gritty crime novels geared towards adults and will use familiar Marvel characters.
The first will be out in 2024, will be written by Jewell, and is inspired by Jessica Jones. Cosby’s Luke Cage book and Segura’s Daredevil one will both be out in 2025.
Sven Larsen, Vice President of licensed publishing at Marvel, said, “We are always looking for new ways to tell stories about Marvel’s beloved superheroes, and working with Hyperion Avenue on the Marvel Crime novels will showcase these characters in an exciting new light. We know that lifelong Marvel fans and crime fiction enthusiasts alike will enjoy this inventive new series.”
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- Watch the Trailer for ALL THE LIGHT WE CANNOT SEE
- YA Author Echo Brown Dies at 39
- NYPL Launches Nationwide Teen Banned Book Club
- The Bestselling Books of the Week, According to All the Lists
- Two California Library Systems Join in Granting Free Access to Banned Books for Young Readers
- The Trailer for LEAVE THE WORLD BEHIND Has Just Dropped
- Senator Dianne Feinstein Has Passed Away at 90
- Florida Librarians Told to Remove Books With LGBTQ+ Characters, Even if Not Sexually Explicit
- Huge Collection About Enslaved Poet Phillis Wheatley Acquired by Smithsonian
- Here is What Parents Think of Book Bans: EveryLibrary & Book Riot Survey Results