On January 12th, Mariah Carey announced on Instagram that she is releasing her first children’s book, a picture book called The Christmas Princess cowritten with Michaela Angela Davis (who also cowrote her memoir, The Meaning of Mariah Carey) and illustrated by Fuuji Takashi.
Mariah Carey said that the story is for kids who feel like outsiders and about believing in your own vision. In the caption, she shared: “It was empowering to transform my childhood turmoil into a modern classic fairytale full of wonder and boundless hope.”
The Christmas Princess is scheduled to come out October 25, 2022 and is available to preorder.
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- HarperCollins Union Has Voted To Strike
- Dubai Opens New Book-Shaped Library
- The 50 Best Book Covers of 2021, As Chosen By Graphic Designers
- Canadian Librarian Responds To Threats Against Drag Story Hour by Adding Second Event
- Angie Thomas’s ON THE COME UP Teaser Trailer Is Here
- 2022 Boston Globe–Horn Book Award Winners
- George M. Johnson Announced as Honorary Chair of Banned Books Week
- Malorie Blackman Wins PEN Pinter Prize for “Unflinching” Writing
- LGBTQ Book Sales Surge in U.S., Especially in YA
- Persuasion Trailer Starring Dakota Johnson Shows New Take on Jane Austen Classic