Nicole and Matthew talk about cloud-based schooling, self-organized learning environments, and school reimagined in fantasy fiction.
This episode is sponsored by TBR, Book Riot’s subscription service offering reading recommendations personalized to your reading life, The Wizerd And the Potion of Dreams! from Oni Lion Forge Publishing Group, and Croaked! from Yellow Jacket, an imprint of Little Bee Books.
To get even more kidlit news and recommendations, sign up for our The Kids Are All Right newsletter!
- Survivor Tree by Marcie Colleen; illustrated by Aaron Becker (PW announcement)
- Build a school in the Cloud (2013 TED talk by Sugata Mitra, educational researcher)
- Feature documentary about Sugata Mitra’s ‘School In The Cloud’ (trailer)
- The School in the Cloud: The Emerging Future of Learning by Sugata Mitra (book)
- A School in the Cloud and the Future of Learning (WIRED, 2013)
BOOKS DISCUSSED ON THE SHOW:
- Interstellar Cinderella by Deborah Underwood; illustrated by Meg Hunt
- Reading Beauty by Deborah Underwood; illustrated by Meg Hunt
- Field Trip to the Moon by John Hare
- Kiranmala and the Kingdom Beyond series by Sayantani Dasgupta
- Astronaut Academy: Zero Gravity by Dave Roman
- Dragons in a Bag by Zetta Elliott
- Jedi Academy by Jeffrey Brown
- Ikenga by Nnedi Okorafor
- The Time Museum by Matthew Loux
- Aru Shah and the End of Time by Roshani Chokshi
- The Cardboard Kingdom by Chad Sell
Let us know what books or topics you’ve been sharing this week, or if you have a suggestion or book recommendation for an upcoming episode. Find us on email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Twitter (@MatthewWinner and @ittybittyny).