Nicole and Matthew discuss the COVID-19 pandemic through the lens of racism and social media, how the virus is impacting school kids and families, and how the kidlit community is responding.
This episode is sponsored by:
To get even more kidlit news and recommendations, sign up for our The Kids Are All Right newsletter!
BOOKS DISCUSSED ON THE SHOW:
Let us know what books or topics you’ve been sharing this week, or if you have a suggestion or book recommendation for an upcoming episode. Find us on email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Twitter (@MatthewWinner and @ittybittyny).
Also In This Story Stream
- More Bookish and Literary Masks for Your Pandemic Life
- Quaranzines are Popular and Libraries are Noticing
- A New Role for Little Free Libraries
- As Bookstores Reopen, Stores Seek Safe Practices
- Librarians in Phoenix Become Healthcare Workers
- Amid a Pandemic and Information Crisis, FL Library Funding Demolished
- 6 Free Children’s Ebooks on the Coronavirus
- Lockdown Summer: Literary Translation Events Online
- J.K. Rowling Releases Serialized Novel THE ICKABOG
- How Public Libraries Are Handling Summer Reading During COVID-19