Lionsgate has announced that it will stream four of its most popular films for free on YouTube for four consecutive Friday nights. “Lionsgate Live! A Night at the Movies” will be hosted by actress Jamie Lee Curtis along with numerous celebrities and YouTube personalities reflecting on their fondest movie memories.
- April 17: The Hunger Games
- April 24: Dirty Dancing
- May 1: La La Land
- May 8: John Wick
The initiative is a collaboration between Fandango, YouTube, and NATO and will support furloughed cinema employees. An initial donation on Lionsgate’s behalf, as well as any partner and viewer donations, will be made to the Will Rogers Motion Picture Pioneers Foundation, an organization providing financial assistance to workers impacted by coronavirus in the motion picture industry.
“There’s nothing that will replace the magic of seeing a movie together with your fellow moviegoers in a theater on a big screen, but this is a chance for America to come together to recreate the experience,” said Joe Drake, chairman of Lionsgate Motion Picture Group.
— Lionsgate (@Lionsgate) April 13, 2020
Each week’s screening will feature special programming and interactive elements, such as live tweeting, movie trivia, and real-time fan chats via YouTube Live.
Also In This Story Stream
- How the Pandemic Has Changed Our Reading Lives
- Libraries Reopen in COVID-19 Hot Spots: Are Library Staff Being Protected?
- More Bookish and Literary Masks for Your Pandemic Life
- Quaranzines are Popular and Libraries are Noticing
- A New Role for Little Free Libraries
- As Bookstores Reopen, Stores Seek Safe Practices
- Librarians in Phoenix Become Healthcare Workers
- Amid a Pandemic and Information Crisis, FL Library Funding Demolished
- 6 Free Children’s Ebooks on the Coronavirus
- Lockdown Summer: Literary Translation Events Online
- J.K. Rowling Releases Serialized Novel THE ICKABOG
- How Public Libraries Are Handling Summer Reading During COVID-19
- Essential Until We’re Not: An Angry Librarian On the Disregard for Library Staff Safety
- Taika Waititi Leads All-Star Reading of JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH to Fund COVID-19 Relief
- 6 Ways to Maximize Your Reading Time During the Pandemic