Title: Editorial Operations Associate (temporary, full-time)
Work Authorization: United States or Canada
Office location(s): Portland, OR; Vancouver, BC; relocation stipend not available
Work-from-home jurisdictions: Illinois, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Virginia; if position offered, applicant must reside in a work-from-home jurisdiction by start date
Status: Temporary, Full Time
Salary: Portland, OR – $43,644 USD; Vancouver, BC – $50,208 CAD; work-from-home jurisdiction salary adjusted for local cost of living
Benefits: 401k/RRSP; Health; 160 hours annual PTO
Riot New Media Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building an inclusive workforce and strongly encourage applications from women, individuals with disabilities, and people of color.
We’re accepting applications for a temporary, full-time editorial operations associate now through October 11, 2021. The position is planned to begin in mid-November, 2021. The Editorial Operations Associate works with the Editorial Operations Manager in supporting all editorial processes at Book Riot. The Editorial Team makes the content happen, and we help them get it live! This position is highly detail-oriented and collaborative, and touches on tasks and projects across the company. Ability to prioritize, work both independently and as part of a team, and think critically and creatively about processes are must-haves.
Candidates should have knowledge of Book Riot, including our content, mission, and values. We’re looking for individuals who are passionate about the world of books and publishing, including diversity and inclusion in the personal and professional world of books. Social justice is an important component of our work and goals.
As an open book management organization, we look for goal-oriented individuals who are willing to participate in and have ownership of the health of the business. This also means we offer variable gainsharing based on overall company performance.
- Daily tasks, including but not limited to: newsletter sends, podcast production, YouTube production
- Monthly tasks including SEO optimization and content creation
- Support for Editorial projects as needed
- Collaboration with the Sales & Advertising Operations team
- Participation in company-wide initiatives as appropriate
- Employees must demonstrate the company’s values as stated in our mission statement, and contribute to the company in a collaborative and open-minded manner. Candidates must also have the ability to give and receive candid feedback, practice flexibility and adaptability as company processes evolve, and exhibit resourcefulness and problem-solving skills.
- Employees must demonstrate a commitment to learning, amplifying, and investing in our core values of social justice, feminism, & inclusivity
- High school degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use general business productivity tools (Asana, Notion, Slack, Google Suite, etc.)
- Ability to review written content
- Experience managing project logistics and deadlines
- High capacity for detail-oriented tasks
We are an open book management organization and require experience or willingness to:
- Work in a collaborative, cross-departmental setting
- Report on (and help establish) KPIs
- Ask questions and ask for help when needed
- Take ownership of your role in the success of the organization