In case you missed it, at the halfway point of the year, Goodreads made lists of the overall best books of the year so far as well as the most popular books in several genres, including historical fiction. These books were selected because of positive early reviews from Goodreads users as well as the number of users who added them to their Want To Read shelf.
While we’re well over halfway through the year now, autumn is a popular time to start digging out the horror novels on your TBR. Goodbye beach reads, hello haunting ones! So now is a perfect opportunity to check out the new horror books that are already out, so you can get your hands on them in time for peak horror reading season. Of course, we’re bound to see a lot more come out in the next few months, but that’s just another reason to check these out now.
Here are 15 of the most popular horror books from the first half of 2022, according to Goodreads users.
- The Hacienda by Isabel Cañas
- The Children on the Hill by Jennifer McMahon
- The Resting Place by Camilla Sten
- Nettle & Bone by T. Kingfisher
- Devil House by John Darnielle
- Dead Silence by S.A. Barnes
- Hide by Kiersten White
- Sundial by Catriona Ward
- The Violence by Delilah S. Dawson
- Cherish Farrah by Bethany C. Morrow
- The Fervor by Alma Katsu
- Manhunt by Gretchen Felker-Martin
- Woman, Eating by Claire Kohda
- Hell Followed With Us by Andrew Joseph White
- Burn Down, Rise Up by Vincent Tirado
Check out the full list of all 30 titles at Goodreads.
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- The Most Popular Horror Novels of the Past 5 Years, According to Goodreads
- Canadian Right-Wing Book Banning Groups Don’t Know How School Boards Work
- Authors Who Made the Time100 Next List This Year
- Most Popular Comic Book Superhero by State
- The Bestselling Books of the Week, According to NYT, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, and Amazon
- City of Chicago and Chicago Public Library Declare Themselves Book Sanctuaries
- 5,100 Free Library Cards Issued by Brooklyn Library in Fight Against Book Banning
- Spotify Adds Audiobook Feature in U.S.
- 2022 National Book Award for Young People’s Literature Nominees Announced
- John Green’s First Novel May Be Banned At His Old School