Title: Editorial Assistant (permanent, full time)
Location: Portland, OR (relocation offered)
Benefits: Health, Vision, and Dental; Generous PTO; Gainshare, 401k/RRSP
Riot New Media Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building an inclusive workforce and strongly encourage applications from women, individuals with disabilities, and people of color.
We’re accepting applications for a permanent, full-time editorial assistant position now through June 30, 2021. The position is planned to begin in August 2021. Candidates should have excellent written communication and organizational skills, as well as familiarity with the contemporary literary landscape across multiple genres. The editorial assistant will be responsible for administrative tasks related to fulfilling Book Riot’s Tailored Book Recommendations service; editing and formatting on-site content for quality assurance; scheduling some sponsored content; and providing general support to editorial staff and contributors.
Candidates should have knowledge of Book Riot, including our content, mission, and values. We’re looking for individuals who are passionate about the world of books and publishing, including diversity and inclusion in the personal and professional world of books. Social justice is an important component of our work and goals.
As an open book management organization, we look for goal-oriented individuals who are willing to participate in and have ownership of the health of the business. This also means we offer variable gainsharing based on overall company performance.
- High school degree or equivalent
- WordPress experience
- Familiarity with the literary landscape and new releases across genres
- Strong writing skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Employees must demonstrate the company’s values as stated in our mission statement, and contribute to the company in a collaborative and open-minded manner. Candidates must also have the ability to give and receive candid feedback, practice flexibility and adaptability as company processes evolve, and exhibit resourcefulness and problem-solving skills.
We are an open-book management organization and require experience or willingness to:
- Work in a collaborative, cross-departmental setting
- Report on (and help establish) KPIs
- Ask questions and ask for help when needed
- Take ownership of your role in the success of the organization
- Professional book-recommending experience (library, bookseller, etc)
- Editorial experience
- Familiarity with image/design software (Canva, etc)
- Open Book Management experience
- Interest in financial literacy