50 Fantastic Christian Audiobooks
This content contains affiliate links. When you buy through these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Christian audiobooks are a great way to fit some more good stuff into your life, even while you’re driving or cooking or out for a run. Whether you’re looking for encouragement or a challenge…whether you want to learn new things about God, get swept up in someone’s story, or strengthen your prayer life, these religious books are a great addition to your day.
Here are 50 fantastic Christian audiobooks for your listening pleasure.
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis: A Christian classic by beloved Oxford professor C.S. Lewis.
- Fervent: A Woman’s Battle Plan to Serious, Specific, and Strategic Prayer by Priscilla Shirer: Helpful instruction on developing a prayer life, from one of my favorite Bible teachers.
- The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith by Timothy Keller: Grace and truth from the prolific pastor of New York City’s Redeemer Presbyterian Church.
- The Inner Voice of Love: A Journey Through Anguish to Freedom by Henri J.M. Nouwen: Honest, grace-filled thoughts from Dutch Catholic priest Henri Nouwen.
- Don’t Settle For Safe: Embracing the Uncomfortable to Become Unstoppable by Sarah Jakes Roberts: Popular speaker (and T.D. Jakes’s daughter) tells her story and encourages us to find hope in God in the midst of our pain and failures.
- The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom: Gripping story of a Dutch family determined to serve Jesus in the midst of danger during World War Two.
- A Crazy, Holy Grace: The Healing Power of Pain and Memory by Frederick Buechner: Essays from Frederick Buechner, whose writing has been recommended by none other than Anne Lamott, Annie Dillard, and Maya Angelou.
- Unleashed: Being Conformed to the Image of Christ by Eric Mason: Instruction from Philly pastor Eric Mason. I’m listening to this one right now!
- They Say We Are Infidels: On the Run from ISIS with Persecuted Christians in the Middle East by Mindy Belz: A look at what has been happening on the ground in Syria and Iraq, from reporter Mindy Belz.
- Anxious for Nothing: Finding Calm in a Chaotic World by Max Lucado: Help for finding peace and anxiety in today’s world, written in Max Lucado’s signature style.
- Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Francis Chan: A bestselling Christian book on the love of God.
- God Loves Broken People (And Those Who Pretend They’re Not) by Sheila Walsh: I love Sheila Walsh for her self-deprecating honesty. This book is next up on my list.
- Jesus Among Secular Gods: The Countercultural Claims of Christ by Ravi Zacharias: A serious look at faith from Indian-born Canadian American Christian apologist Ravi Zacharias.
- Audacious by Beth Moore: One of America’s most beloved Bible teachers does a deep dive into the message that has compelled her into years of ministry.
- Seeking Refuge: On the Shores of the Global Refugee Crisis by Stephan Bauman, Matthew Soerens, and Issam Smeir: A practical and very helpful look at the current refugee crisis, from World Relief workers.
- Mudhouse Sabbath by Lauren Winner: Lauren Winner looks at what she, as a Christian, has learned from Judaism.
- Unashamed by Lecrae Moore: Hip-hop artist Lecrae tells his story. I love this book.
- My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers: Classic Christian bestseller, with a short devotional reading for each day.
- Mi Casa Uptown: Learning to Love Again by Rich Perez: NYC pastor Rich Perez takes a look at our call to love our neighbors right where we are.
- The Explicit Gospel by Matt Chandler: Texas pastor Matt Chandler takes a straightforward look at the gospel message.
- Bread and Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table by Shauna Niequist: Popular writer and speaker (and daughter of Bill Hybels) takes on community, love, life, and bacon-wrapped dates.
- None Like Him: 10 Ways God is Different from Us (and Why That’s a Good Thing) by Jen Wilkin: Jen Wilkin highlights some of the ways that our limitations and God’s greatness actually bring us joy.
- Unshaken: Real Faith in Our Faithful God by Crawford W. Loritts Jr.: Georgia pastor Crawford Loritts looks at how true faith grounds us even in the chaos of life.
- Love Does: Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World by Bob Goff: A bestseller on the active, joyful Christian life.
- Dream With Me: Race, Love, and the Struggle We Must Win by John M. Perkins: Thoughts on love, civil rights, and justice from a long-time practitioner.
- Detours: The Unpredictable Path to Your Destiny by Tony Evans: Pastor Tony Evans uses the biblical story of Joseph to look at how God can use the most unexpected detours to get us right where he wants us to be.
- Humble Roots: How Humility Grounds and Nourishes Your Soul by Hannah Anderson: A search for peace instead of anxiety in the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Joni by Joni Eareckson Tada: A classic story of finding God’s true peace in the midst of horrific pain.
- The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning: God does not call us to get our act together, but to come to Him, just as we are. The Ragamuffin Gospel is Brennan Manning’s classic rumination on the beautiful grace of God.
- Enjoy: Finding the Freedom to Delight Daily in God’s Good Gifts by Trillia J. Newbell: Does God give us good gifts to enjoy, or does savoring life make us frivolous?
- One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp: A life-changing, practical guide to gratitude.
- C.S. Lewis, A Life: Eccentric Genius, Reluctant Prophet by Alister McGrath: My favorite biography of Oxford professor (and author of Narnia!), C.S. Lewis.
- He Is There and He Is Not Silent: Does it Make Sense to Believe in God? by Francis A. Schaeffer: A look at who God is and why that even matters, from thinker and writer Francis Schaeffer.
- Own Your Life: Living With Deep Intention, Bold Faith, and Generous Love by Sally Clarkson: A pressure-free look at the ways our most ordinary of moments can be used by God in big, magnificent ways when we live with his love, faith, and intention.
- Between Heaven and the Real World by Steven Curtis Chapman: The honest, hopeful, heart-wrenching true story of Christian music star Steven Curtis Chapman and his family.
- Looking for Lovely: Collecting the Moments That Matter by Annie F. Downs: Seeing God’s beauty right where you are.
- Too Busy Not To Pray: Slowing Down to Be With God by Bill Hybels: A modern classic on prayer from pastor Bill Hybels.
- Destiny: Step Into Your Purpose by T. D. Jakes: Dallas pastor T. D. Jakes encourages us to push past the pain and challenges of life to pursue purpose.
- The Cross of Christ by John R. W. Stott: A scholarly and pastoral look at the heart of the Christian faith from British pastor John Stott.
- Saturate: Being Disciples of Jesus in the Everyday Stuff of Life by Jeff Vanderstelt: A practical guide to pursuing discipleship in our ordinary everyday lives.
- The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name by Sally Lloyd-Jones: Of all the books on this list, this one may be my favorite. Simple, beautiful stories showing how the whole Bible points to Jesus. This book is accessible for kids but makes great reading for adults as well.
- Captive in Iran: A Remarkable True Story of Hope and Triumph Amid the Horror of Tehran’s Brutal Evin Prison by Maryam Rostampour and Marziyeh Amirizadeh: An astonishing story of two Iranian women imprisoned in Tehran’s notorious Evin prison for sharing their faith in Jesus.
- When I Don’t Desire God: How to Fight for Joy by John Piper: Minnesota pastor John Piper’s help in our pursuit of true joy.
- How to Fix a Broken Record: Thoughts on Vinyl Records, Awkward Relationships, and Learning to Be Myself by Amena Brown: Spoken word poet Amena Brown looks at life, love, and music.
- What is the Gospel? by Greg Gilbert: A succinct summation of the gospel.
- God’s Smuggler by Brother Andrew: A fascinating true story of smuggling Bibles across borders and living a life of faith even when it’s illegal.
- Bearing the Cross: Martin Luther King, Jr., and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference by David J. Garrow: Gigantic, 34 hour, Pulitzer Prize winning bio of Dr. King.
- Sing!: How Worship Transforms Your Life, Family, and Church by Keith and Kristyn Getty: Notes on worship from much-loved Irish hymn writers Keith and Kristyn Getty.
- I Will Not Fear: My Story of a Lifetime of Building Faith Under Fire by Melba Pattillo Beals: Melba Pattillo Beals is one of the Little Rock Nine, who helped integrate Central High when she was only 16. I Will Not Fear addresses the roll her faith played in helping her to stand strong in the face of hatred, death threats, and the KKK.
- The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel: Jaded Chicago Tribune journalist sets out to use his skills as an investigative reporter to disprove his wife’s newfound faith in Christ…but what he finds surprises him.
Two more great Christian audiobook resources:
- There are piles of Christian audiobooks for sale at ChristianAudio. Each month they offer one free audiobook—for example, in January 2018 they were giving away Twelve Ways Your Phone is Changing You by Tony Reinke, which I’ve been wanting to read.
- Audiobooks are also a great way to read the Bible. I love Streetlights (which is free!). I have the app on on my phone and I use it all the time. There is also The Bible Experience (Old and New Testaments) read by everyone from Angela Bassett to India.Arie to Kirk Franklin, or The One Year Bible, which is one of my favorite ways to read through the Bible in a year.
So there you have it: a whole pile of Christian audiobooks for your listening pleasure. Happy reading!