The One and Only Sparkella Makes a Plan, which just published yesterday, is the second children’s book by actor Channing Tatum. It follows Sparkella as she prepares for her first sleepover with friend Tam.
Tatum got the inspiration for the glittery and sparkly character Sparkella from his 9-year-old daughter Evie. The picture book series overall is about a young girl building self-esteem and the relationship she has with her father.
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- George R.R. Martin Would Like You To Stop Speculating About His Death
- Raymond Briggs, Author of THE SNOWMAN, Dies at 88
- The Bennet House from the 1995 Pride and Prejudice is for Sale!
- Award-Winning Popular Historian David McCullough Dies at 89
- $90M Batgirl Movie Canceled
- Library Stormed by Proud Boys During Drag Queen Story Hour Starts Year of “Every Month is Pride” Events
- New Survey Shows How Americans’ Reading Habits Changed from Childhood
- Man Sentenced to 16 Years for $3M Book Scam
- Sell Books in Paradise: Luxury Resort Hiring “Barefoot Bookseller”
- Barack Obama’s 2022 Summer Reading List