Riot New Media Group provides this list of Book Groups as a service (“Listing Service”). Because we do not supervise or control the Book Groups or interactions among or between members of Book Groups and other persons or companies, and because we are not involved in any way with physical transportation to or from Book Group gatherings or with the actions of any individuals at Book Group gatherings, you agree that you bear all risk and you agree to release Riot New Media Group and its designees from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, now and in the future, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the Listing Service, or resolution of any disputes among users, and/or your transportation to or from, attendance at, or the actions of you or other persons at, a Book Group gathering. You further waive any and all rights and benefits otherwise conferred by any statutory or non-statutory law of any jurisdiction that would purport to limit the scope of a release or waiver. You waive and relinquish all rights and benefits which you have or may have under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California or any similar provision of the statutory or non-statutory law of any other jurisdiction (including without limitation the states of Missouri, Delaware and Pennsylvania) to the full extent that you may lawfully waive all such rights and benefits. By using this Listing Service, you agree to these terms.
Listing terms (which must be accepted by opt-in by the submitting party):
In order to maintain the public listing of your Book Group on BookRiot.com (“Book Group Listing”), you agree to:
- designate an Organizer(s) responsible for the listing and communication with potential Group attendees (the “Organizer(s)”);
- have regular Book Group gatherings;
- gather at venues that include, but are not limited to, public parks, government facilities, or private enterprises (such as coffee shops or retail stores);
- not gather at a private home;
- maintain a public method for attendees or potential attendees to contact the Organizer(s) other than email that include, but are not limited to, social media, message boards, or Book Group website
The following types of actions are cause for immediate removal of your Book Group Listing:
- The use of your Book Group or Book Group Listing to:
- harm or intimidate another person in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity (including Book Riot or Riot New Media Group staff), or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with Riot New Media Group, through the use of similar email addresses, nicknames, or creation of false account(s) or any other method or device;
- disguise the origin of any Public Information that is transmitted to any third party;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass another;
- resell Public Information or access to Public Information;
- collect or store personal data about other Book Group members;
- Posting any Public Information or other material:
- that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, intimidating, vulgar, obscene, profane, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy (including the posting of private emails or contact information about another individual), hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, including any Public Information or other material that may be considered hate speech;
- that is obscene, pornographic or adult in nature;
- that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party or rights of publicity or privacy;
- that is unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation (including, but not limited to, “spam,” “junk mail,” and “chain letters”);
- that is inappropriate, posted in bad faith, or contrary to the spirit of any Book Group;
- that uses the Book Group primarily as a lead generator or listing service for another website.
- Encouraging others to violate this Agreement;
- Violation (intentional or unintentional) of this Agreement, or of any applicable local, state, national or international law, statute, ordinance, or regulation;
- Disclose the Private Information of any member of a Book Group without the permission of that member.
Also, your posting of other inappropriate actions, Public Information or other materials may also warrant removal of your Book Group Listing. Riot New Media Group reserves the right to remove any Book Group Listing without warning or further notice.
While we prohibit such conduct and content, you understand and agree that you nonetheless may be exposed to such conduct or content and that you use the Book Group Listing and attend Book Group gatherings at your own risk.
For purposes of this Agreement, “posting” includes uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available. Without limiting the foregoing, Riot New Media Group and its designees shall have the right to remove any Public Information or other material that violates this Agreement or is otherwise objectionable.