Celebrate Black Children’s Book Week February 27 – March 5!
Veronica N. Chapman, founder of Black Baby Books, is launching the first annual Black Children’s Book Week, a week to extend Black History Month and celebrate Black children and the Black-authored books that represent them. It will include virtual events hosted by Ciara Hill, Keeana S. Saxon, Charnie Gordon, Marcella Runell Hall, and Chapman, as well as a Black children talent showcase.
You can sign up for the waitlist to get involved, including by:
- Hosting an event
- Attending an event
- Sponsoring Black Children’s Book Week
- Purchasing or donating Black children’s books
and more. You can find out more on their Instagram.
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- Manuscript Thief of 1,000 Unpublished Books Will Not Receive Prison Time
- 2023 NBCC Award Winners Announced
- Bridgerton Prequel Queen Charlotte Trailer Released
- The Bestselling Books of the Week, According to All the Lists
- Do You Want to Own a Castle with a Two-Story Turret Library in Portland?
- USPS Honors Toni Morrison with Forever Stamp