Veronica N. Chapman, founder of Black Baby Books, is launching the first annual Black Children’s Book Week, a week to extend Black History Month and celebrate Black children and the Black-authored books that represent them. It will include virtual events hosted by Ciara Hill, Keeana S. Saxon, Charnie Gordon, Marcella Runell Hall, and Chapman, as well as a Black children talent showcase.
You can sign up for the waitlist to get involved, including by:
- Hosting an event
- Attending an event
- Sponsoring Black Children’s Book Week
- Purchasing or donating Black children’s books
and more. You can find out more on their Instagram.
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- George R.R. Martin Would Like You To Stop Speculating About His Death
- Raymond Briggs, Author of THE SNOWMAN, Dies at 88
- The Bennet House from the 1995 Pride and Prejudice is for Sale!
- Award-Winning Popular Historian David McCullough Dies at 89
- $90M Batgirl Movie Canceled
- Library Stormed by Proud Boys During Drag Queen Story Hour Starts Year of “Every Month is Pride” Events
- New Survey Shows How Americans’ Reading Habits Changed from Childhood
- Man Sentenced to 16 Years for $3M Book Scam
- Sell Books in Paradise: Luxury Resort Hiring “Barefoot Bookseller”
- Barack Obama’s 2022 Summer Reading List