Barnes & Noble has released the finalists in the running to be labeled their Book of the Year. The 12 books include children’s fiction, new nonfiction from the author of Killers of the Flower Moon, historical fiction, a cookbook, and more. The authors are a diverse mix of veterans with some newbies mixed in.
Here are a few of Barnes & Noble’s best books of the year:
Yellowface by R. F. Kuang
The Heaven & Earth Grocery Store by James McBride
The Creative Act: A Way of Being by Rick Rubin
The Berry Pickers by Amanda Peters
Let Us Descend by Jesmyn Ward
For the full list, visit Barnes & Noble’s site.
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- The Most Popular Audiobooks of 2023, According to Libro.fm
- The Best Reviewed Fiction of 2023
- Goodreads Staff Share Their Top Books of 2023
- This is the Word of the Year, According to Oxford
- The Best Fiction of 2023, According to the LA Times
- The Bestselling Books of the Week, According to All the Lists
- The 20 Best Books of the Year, According to Esquire
- The Best Audiobooks of 2023, According to AudioFile
- The Best-Selling Indie Books of the Year, According to Bookshop.org
- The 10 Best Books of 2023, According to the New York Times