It’s the end of another year and that means we’re being treated to another look into the reading life of former President Barack Obama. Like previous years, it’s a diverse mix of titles and includes both fiction and nonfiction. This year includes a powerful graphic memoir as well.
Of little surprise, Obama’s first pick is one that might be pretty familiar to him: Michelle’s The Light We Carry.
The rest of the titles on the list include:
- Sea of Tranquility by Emily St. John Mandel
- Trust by Hernan Diaz
- The Revolutionary: Samuel Adams by Stacy Schiff
- The Furrows by Namwali Serpell
- South to America: A Journey Below the Mason-Dixon Line to Understand the Soul of America by Imani Perry
- The School for Good Mothers by Jessamin Chan
- Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson
- Ducks: Two Years in the Oil Sands by Kate Beaton
- An Immense World: How Animal Senses Reveal the Hidden Realms Around Us by Ed Yong
- Liberation Day by George Saunders
- The Candy House by Jennifer Egan
- Afterlifes by Abdulrazak Gurnah
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- Kerry Washington Publishing First Book This Fall
- Here are the Best LGBTQ YA and Kids’ Books of 2022, According to ALA’s Rainbow Round Table
- The Bestselling Books of the Week, According to All the Lists
- Here are the 2023 Newbery, Caldecott, and Printz Award Winners
- New Jesmyn Ward Novel LET US DESCEND Coming in October
- The Best New Book Titles, According to Goodreads