Tin House announced that Hanif Abdurraqib has been named a Tin House editor-at-large. Abdurraqib, a poet, essayist, cultural critic, and author of books, including A Little Devil in America and They Can’t Kill Us Until They Kill Us, will acquire three nonfiction books a year for the independent publisher of literary fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. His first projects are set to publish in 2023. “My world was built reading writers who wrote, relentlessly, away from the comfortable center and into the so-called ‘margins,’ where one could be a little more free, a little more playful, a lot braver,” Abdurraqib stated in the Tin House announcement.
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- Here are the 5 Canada Reads Contenders and their Champions
- Celebrate Black Children’s Book Week February 27 – March 5!
- Continued Harassment of Library Workers in Illinois
- Teaser Trailer Released for Guillermo del Toro’s PINOCCHIO
- Here are the Comics Nominees for the 33rd Annual GLAAD Media Awards
- Thích Nhất Hạnh, Buddhist Monk, Activist, and Author, Dies at 95
- Male Characters Still Outnumber Female Characters in Children’s Books
- Mystery Writers of America Announces the 2022 Edgar Award Nominations
- Little Free Library’s Action Book Club has an Environmental Theme in 2022
- Bookstore Receives Payment for Books 50 Years Later