The winners for the 2022’s annual Audie Awards were announced March 4th by the Audio Publishers Association. Actor and author Kal Penn hosted the 27th Audie gala, which you can watch here.
The awards set out to recognize exceptional audiobook and spoken word performances, and count a variety of performers— from politicians to actors— among their 25 award winners. This year’s winners included Barack Obama for the Narration by the Author award and Lin-Manuel Miranda for the Best Male Narrator Award. Sam Heughan and Graham McTavish of Outlander fame also won, as did Ashley C. Ford, Deepti Gupta, Leslie Jordan, and others.
The night’s top award for Audiobook of the Year went to Andy Weir’s Project Hail Mary, narrated by Ray Porter, and the Young Adult Audie award went to Ryan La Sala’s Be Dazzled, narrated by Pete Cross.
Each performance was entered by publishers and rights holders into various categories from which finalists were chosen. Among this year’s special guest judges were Gigi Gorgeous, Anthony Allen Ramos, Gayle Forman, Kristen Arnett, and Seija Rankin.
You can view a full list of award winners here.
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- Colin Kaepernick Releasing YA Graphic Memoir
- These Are the States That Love Reading the Most
- Teens in Pennsylvania Created a Fundraiser to Counteract Book Banning
- 8 Year Old Published Book About How A Turtle Got Its Shell
- Percy Jackson Author Speaks Out Against Racist Complaints Over Casting
- A Pennsylvania School District’s Proposed Book Challenge Policy is Plagiarized From Texas’s
- The Winners of the 2022 Pulitzer Prize Have Been Announced
- Boston Public Library Is Now Hosting 1-Hour Wedding Ceremonies for $200
- WNDB Campaign to Send Care Packages to LGBTQIA+ Kids and How You Can Help
- Florida Public School Cancels Free Online Math and Reading Services Because of Bill