The winners for the 2022’s annual Audie Awards were announced March 4th by the Audio Publishers Association. Actor and author Kal Penn hosted the 27th Audie gala, which you can watch here.
The awards set out to recognize exceptional audiobook and spoken word performances, and count a variety of performers— from politicians to actors— among their 25 award winners. This year’s winners included Barack Obama for the Narration by the Author award and Lin-Manuel Miranda for the Best Male Narrator Award. Sam Heughan and Graham McTavish of Outlander fame also won, as did Ashley C. Ford, Deepti Gupta, Leslie Jordan, and others.
The night’s top award for Audiobook of the Year went to Andy Weir’s Project Hail Mary, narrated by Ray Porter, and the Young Adult Audie award went to Ryan La Sala’s Be Dazzled, narrated by Pete Cross.
Each performance was entered by publishers and rights holders into various categories from which finalists were chosen. Among this year’s special guest judges were Gigi Gorgeous, Anthony Allen Ramos, Gayle Forman, Kristen Arnett, and Seija Rankin.
You can view a full list of award winners here.
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- City of Chicago and Chicago Public Library Declare Themselves Book Sanctuaries
- 5,100 Free Library Cards Issued by Brooklyn Library in Fight Against Book Banning
- Spotify Adds Audiobook Feature in U.S.
- 2022 National Book Award for Young People’s Literature Nominees Announced
- John Green’s First Novel May Be Banned At His Old School
- Kindle Unlimited + Amazon Prime’s Most Popular Summer Books 2022
- SLJ Survey Shows That Censorship Will Have Long-Term Effect on School Libraries
- Here Are the Winners of the 2022 Hugo Awards
- Peter Straub, Horror Novelist and Poet, Has Died at 79
- These are Every State’s Favorite Stephen King Movies