5 Things You Need To Know about Necronomicon Ex Mortis
Starz TV show Ash vs. Evil Dead has been given the green light for a second season, which will air in September of this year. To celebrate the show’s renewal, let’s take a look at the ancient book that stands at the center of the story–Necronomicon Ex Mortis.
Here are six things you need to know about Necronomicon Ex Mortis.
1) Necronomicon Ex Mortis is also known as Naturom Demento. Both titles translate roughly to Book of the Dead.
2) Not to be confused with the Book of the Dead found in ancient Egyptian tombs, Necronomicon Ex Mortis is a Sumerian book of burial practices and funerary incantations.
3) Necronomicon Ex Mortis was written by the Dark Ones and is bound in human skin. The ink used on its pages is made from human blood.
4) When certain passages of Necronomicon Ex Mortis are read out loud, evil is released into the world in the form of a Kandarian demon. This demon can take possession of inanimate objects, such as trees, as well as animate objects, such as humans turning them into so-called Deadites. The demon can also move objects on its own, much like a poltergeist.
5) The Necronomicon Ex Mortis was discovered by Professor Raymond Knowby. For the past thirty years the book has been in the possession of Ashley J. Williams, a former employee of S-Mart and Value Shop.
If you would like to read more about Necronomicon Ex Mortis, please visit the book’s website.