The finalists for the World Fantasy Awards have been announced. The finalists for novel and novella are:
Piranesi by Susanna Clarke (Bloomsbury)
Trouble the Saints by Alaya Dawn Johnson (Tor Books)
The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones (Saga Press/Titan UK)
Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia (Del Rey US/Jo Fletcher Books UK)
The Midnight Bargain by C. L. Polk (Erewhon Books US/Orbit UK)
Ring Shout, or Hunting Ku Kluxes in the End Times by P. Djèlí Clark (Tordotcom)
“Stepsister” by Leah Cypess (The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction,May/June 2020)
Flyaway by Kathleen Jennings (Tordotcom)
The Four Profound Weaves by R. B. Lemberg (Tachyon Publications)
Riot Baby by Tochi Onyebuchi (Tordotcom)
Tor.com has the full list of finalists, including the Short Fiction, Anthology, Collection, Artist, Special Award – Professional, and Special Award – Non-Professional categories.
The winners will be announced at the World Fantasy Convention in Montréal, Canada, November 4–7.
Find more news and stories of interest from the book world in Breaking in Books.
Also In This Story Stream
- No More New Episodes of Arthur
- Rare Tablet Bearing Ancient Epic Poem Forfeited to U.S.
- Reese’s Book Club’s Latest Pick
- Vote for the Tonight Show’s Annual Summer Reads Book Club Selection
- ANNE OF GREEN GABLES Star Narrates EMILY OF NEW MOON Audiobooks
- Paranormal Experiences in the Works at the Borden House
- The NYPL is Giving Away Free Summer Book Kits
- Kumail Nanjiani to Star in HOMELAND ELEGIES Adaptation
- USPS to Issue Ursula K. Le Guin Stamp This Month