By now, if you’re a parent (or even if you’re not), you’ve probably seen the myriad posts of THINGS YOUR CHILD CAN DO FROM HOME! Your children’s school(s) may have posted or sent out links upon links to virtual field trips, tours, activities, and much, much more. You may be sick of it all or completely overwhelmed with the amount of virtual activities your child can take advantage of. But—and there’s always a but, right—you may be looking for something else or something new.
If you or your kids have read The Magic Tree House series, which has sold more than 143 million copies and been translated into 34 languages, you’re in luck.
On Monday, April 27, Random House Children’s Books, together with Mary Pope Osborne, will be launching Magic Tree House Home Adventures. There are crafts, activities, games, and more, all related to weekly themes. Families can share their activities on Instagram using the hashtag #MTHAdventures for a chance to be highlighted on the Random House Children’s Books IG at @RandomHouseKids.
“Magic Tree House Home adventures is my way of connecting with readers, parents and educators during this challenging time,” says Osborne. “Random House and I have worked together to create fun, new ways to learn and play with Jack and Annie. I’ll speak to readers in weekly videos, answer questions, and read from Magic Tree Books. I’ve always loved hearing from my readers and can’t wait to interact with them in this brand new way.”
Each Monday, material will be released for that week based on a theme, including a weekly MTH Family Trivia Night, crafts, recipes, and more. Osborne will also post videos on Mondays and Fridays where she’ll answer questions that have been submitted by readers and also read from her books. Writing prompts, resource guides, sing-alongs, audio clips, and cross-curricular activities are also on the site.
If you’re looking for something new to try with your kids, tune in on Monday, April 27!
Also In This Story Stream
- How Public Libraries Are Handling Summer Reading During COVID-19
- Essential Until We’re Not: An Angry Librarian On the Disregard for Library Staff Safety
- Taika Waititi Leads All-Star Reading of JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH to Fund COVID-19 Relief
- 6 Ways to Maximize Your Reading Time During the Pandemic
- Chicago Public Library Calls Staff Back to Work, Plans Full Reopen June 1
- How Does Your Quarantine Read Compare to Your Desert Island Read?
- HAMILTON Broadway Recording Set for Accelerated Release
- Independent Bookstores to Shop at While Sheltering in Place
- Andy Serkis Will Read THE HOBBIT for the NHS
- Bookish Crafts to Do in Quarantine
- How Local Literary Communities Can Find Strength During Social Distancing
- Daniel Radcliffe Leads All-Star Harry Potter Read-Along
- The Stay Home, Stay Reading Virtual Initiative to Support Authors
- You Need A Mask, So Go For a Book-Inspired Mask
- 6 Books That Prove Doctors are the Real Superheroes