Attention Librarians and Library Workers!!!
The Every Library Institute, a nonprofit organization focused on supporting libraries and library funding around the U.S., has launched their “Help A Librarian Out” (HALO) fund. This fund gives librarians or library workers (or households who have a librarian or library worker) affected by the COVID-19 pandemic a “no strings attached” grant of $250.
Every Library Institute is able to provide these grants through their national fundraising effort, individual donors, and generous donations from Awesome Libraries Project and Urban Librarians Unite. This grant is meant to help library workers who’ve experienced job loss and/or significant wage loss due to the pandemic.
Grants will given out on a rolling basis as long as funds are available. For more information on eligibility and to fill out your application, go to: https://www.everylibraryinstitute.org/haloapply
For non-librarians who can spare a few dollars, please consider donating at https://www.everylibraryinstitute.org/halo .
We want to give a special thanks to the partner organizations who have supported our Help a Library Worker Out Fund (HALO)!
Find out more at https://t.co/NC2oYMcfWJ
— everylibrary (@EveryLibrary) April 13, 2020
Also In This Story Stream
- How Public Libraries Are Handling Summer Reading During COVID-19
- Essential Until We’re Not: An Angry Librarian On the Disregard for Library Staff Safety
- Taika Waititi Leads All-Star Reading of JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH to Fund COVID-19 Relief
- 6 Ways to Maximize Your Reading Time During the Pandemic
- Chicago Public Library Calls Staff Back to Work, Plans Full Reopen June 1
- How Does Your Quarantine Read Compare to Your Desert Island Read?
- HAMILTON Broadway Recording Set for Accelerated Release
- Independent Bookstores to Shop at While Sheltering in Place
- Andy Serkis Will Read THE HOBBIT for the NHS
- Bookish Crafts to Do in Quarantine
- How Local Literary Communities Can Find Strength During Social Distancing
- Daniel Radcliffe Leads All-Star Harry Potter Read-Along
- The Stay Home, Stay Reading Virtual Initiative to Support Authors
- You Need A Mask, So Go For a Book-Inspired Mask
- 6 Books That Prove Doctors are the Real Superheroes