For the next two weeks, Haymarket Books is offering free downloads of ten ebooks. The titles offered are nonfiction works focused on social and economic justice.
In a statement, Haymarket shared that the ebooks will be available for free for the next two weeks in an effort to support those whose lives have been disrupted by the COVID-19 outbreak. “Our gratitude and solidarity extends especially to those workers and communities on the front lines of this crisis, and we encourage those who are able to stay at home and follow CDC guidelines. Many of us will be turning to books in search of much-needed relief from constant worry as well as the tools to fight for collective liberation.”
A project of the Center for Economic Research and Social Change, Haymarket Books is a radical, independent, nonprofit publisher based in Chicago. Focused on social and economic justice, Haymarket’s over 500 titles include groundbreaking authors like Angela Davis, Howard Zinn, Rebecca Solnit, and Arundhati Roy.
The ten titles offered for free download are:
Freedom Is a Constant Struggle: Ferguson, Palestine, and the Foundations of a Movement by Angela Y. Davis
How We Get Free: Black Feminism and the Combahee River Collective, edited by Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor
The Battle for Paradise: Puerto Rico Takes On the Disaster Capitalists by Naomi Klein
Aftershocks of Disaster: Puerto Rico Before and After the Storm, edited by Yarimar Bonilla and Marisol LeBrón
Socialism…Seriously: A Brief Guide to Human Liberation by Danny Katch
Ecosocialism: A Radical Alternative to Capitalist Catastrophe by Michael Löwy
No One Is Illegal: Fighting Racism and State Violence on the U.S.-Mexico Border by Justin Akers Chacón and Mike Davis
Bit Tyrants: The Political Economy of Silicon Valley by Rob Larson
Capitalism and Disability: Selected Writings by Marta Russell
Disposable Domestics: Immigrant Women Workers in the Global Economy by Grace Chang
You can download these ten ebooks for free through March 31 here.
Also In This Story Stream
- Lockdown Summer: Literary Translation Events Online
- J.K. Rowling Releases Serialized Novel THE ICKABOG
- How Public Libraries Are Handling Summer Reading During COVID-19
- Essential Until We’re Not: An Angry Librarian On the Disregard for Library Staff Safety
- Taika Waititi Leads All-Star Reading of JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH to Fund COVID-19 Relief
- 6 Ways to Maximize Your Reading Time During the Pandemic
- Chicago Public Library Calls Staff Back to Work, Plans Full Reopen June 1
- How Does Your Quarantine Read Compare to Your Desert Island Read?
- HAMILTON Broadway Recording Set for Accelerated Release
- Independent Bookstores to Shop at While Sheltering in Place
- Andy Serkis Will Read THE HOBBIT for the NHS
- Bookish Crafts to Do in Quarantine
- How Local Literary Communities Can Find Strength During Social Distancing
- Daniel Radcliffe Leads All-Star Harry Potter Read-Along
- The Stay Home, Stay Reading Virtual Initiative to Support Authors