This quiz to find your next book about artificial intelligence is sponsored by The Hive by Barry Lyga and Morgan Baden from KCP Loft.
New York Times bestselling authors Barry Lyga and Morgan Baden have teamed up for the first time to create a novel that’s gripping, terrifying and more relevant every day. The Hive follows seventeen-year-old Cassie, who, after being “condemned” on social media, is on the run from a deadly state-sanctioned mob seeking to exact IRL punishment. Aided by a shadowy underground network, Cassie becomes an unlikely heroine, as her search for the truth makes her a threat to the entire unjust system. The Hive is a breathless race through the day after tomorrow, where online and real life are blurred beyond recognition, and social media casts ever-darker shadows.
As the world becomes more driven by technology, it’s important to be aware of our dependence on those everyday devices and what it means for our future. Books have been exploring the possibilities of science and technology in the safe form of fiction for over 200 years, so it makes sense to turn to them now for a take on the future of our world. A recurring theme or plot element for many years now has been Artificial Intelligence; sometimes AI is the villain, a cautionary example of tech gone awry, and sometimes AI is a fun sidekick, or merely a useful tool. So, which sci-fi or dystopian book featuring AI should you read next? Tell us your technology habits, and we’ll give you a recommendation!
If you’re itching for something to read right this second, I suggest Fandom for Robots by Vina Jie-Min Prasad, about a fan fiction writing robot. Just, trust me on this.
Also In This Story Stream
- An Ode to the Technology That Enriches My Reading Life
- Big Brother Is Watching You: 5 Books To Read If You Don’t Cover Your Webcam
- On the Lesser Known Sci-Fi Writers Who Predicted Future Technology
- 10 Kids Books about Inventors to Inspire Young Creators
- My Ideal Ereader
- Why Did Interactive Ebooks Never Catch On?
- Electric Dreams: Fiction’s Greatest Technopaths
- A Guide to Some of the Best Ereaders Available Right Now
- Bookish Tech Accessories
- 6 Books Written by Women Working in Tech
- 6 YA Books About Teens Embedded in Technology
- Technology Tips to Improve the Reading Experience
- 10 of the Coolest Tech-Genius Women in Comics
- 5 of the Best Books That Use Online Communication as a Device