Still looking for the perfect gift for a book lover? Seven bestselling authors are offering a gift your recipient will never forget: a character named in your loved one’s honor in their next novel.
It’s true! The Literature Lovers’ Holiday Auction, open through December 20, is auctioning off the opportunity to have a character named in your (or your loved one’s) honor. Proceeds will benefit Immigrant Families Together, an all-volunteer group working to reunite families separated at the border by the Trump administration’s policies. An awesome gift AND a donation to an organization doing good? Best. Gift. Ever.
Here are the seven authors participating in the auction, along with some of their previous works:
- Anna Quindlen, author of Black and Blue and Alternate Side
- Celeste Ng, author of Everything I Never Told You and Little Fires Everywhere
- Curtis Sittenfield, author of Prep and You Think It, I’ll Say It
- Elin Hilderbrand, author of Barefoot and The Identicals
- Emma Straub, author of The Vacationers and Modern Lovers
- Jami Attenberg, author of All Grown Up and The Middlesteins
- Laura Lippman, author of Sunburn and What the Dead Know
Your friend will be like:
And if $300+ is a little too pricey for your bookish friend, the auction has some autographed titles up for grabs too. Here are the signed books open for bids, starting at $50 each:
- Crazy Rich Asians signed by Kevin Kwan
- A Really Good Day signed by Ayelet Waldman
- Good and Mad signed by Rebecca Traister
- Moonglow signed by Michael Chabon
- Nine Perfect Strangers signed by Liane Moriarty
- Station Eleven signed by Emily St. John Mandel
- The Female Persuasion signed by Meg Wolitzer
- Unknown Book signed by Dave Eggers
- Unknown Book signed by David Levithan
Check out the Literature Lovers’ Holiday Auction before December 20 for more info. If you’ll excuse me, I’m off to spend all of my money to get my name in a Celeste Ng book.
Check out more gift ideas in Book Riot’s 2018 Holiday Gift Guide.By signing up you agree to our Terms of Service