- “We are about to live the American Dream, which is, of course, to benefit from someone else’s misfortune.”
- [T]his universal truth “the whole problem with boys is that 99% of them are, like, okay, if you could dress and hygiene them properly, and make them stand up straight, and listen to you and not be dumbasses, they’d be totally acceptable.
- Hitting us with the hard truth. “The thing is, when you lose someone, you realize you’ll eventually lose everyone.”
- “[T]o be alive is to be missing.”
- “[T]he world is also the stories we tell about it.”
- “[L]ife is a series of choices between wonders.”
- “I wanted to tell her it was getting better, because that was supposed to be the narrative of illness. it was a hurdle you jumped over or a battle you won. Illness is a story told in the past tense.”
- “Everyone wanted me to feed them that story—darkness to light, weakness to strength, broken to whole. I wanted it, too.”
What are your favorite quotes from John Green?