This weekend giveaway is sponsored by Mad Men Unzipped.
Mad Men Unzipped is the story of the Mad Men fan phenomenon. Four media psychologist—who are also dedicated Mad Men fans—explore how the Mad Men’s viewers make meaning from fictional drama. It also includes interviews with contemporary advertising industry professionals and their view of the ad business in its modern guise and what they make of the show’s vision of their past. The result is cutting-edge psychological research that crunches and codes online fan commentary to understand how fans use the show to debate complex social issues.
Mad Men Unzipped asks questions like:
- What do the 1960s mean to us today, and how well does the twenty-first century measure up against that famously turbulent decade?
- Which characters do fans identify with—and which ones do they love to hate?
- How would fans unfurl the Mad Men storylines if they were in charge?
- What makes a good man, and has it changed over time?
- How should husbands and wives treat each other, and how should parents treat their children?
In answering these questions, Mad Men Unzipped explores not just the online commentary, but also fan fiction, cosplay, cocktail making, and vintage furniture collecting, and how fans integrate the show into their lives and use it to make sense of their own choices in work, leisure, and love. It is available now wherever books are sold.
We have 10 copies of Mad Men Unzipped to give away to 10 lucky Riot Readers! Just complete the form below to enter. Entries are limited to the United States and will be accepted until 11:59pm, Friday, December 25. Winners will be randomly selected.
This giveaway is now closed.By signing up you agree to our Terms of Service