Ok, Rachel’s list is super-cute, but let’s be real for a second: non-readers don’t have a monopoly on being obnoxious. Here are 10 super-cringy things I’ve overhead book people saying to non-book people, and I wish to goodness they would stop.
- Oh, you watch television. Oh. I read.
- Uh huh. I didn’t see that movie because I already read the book and obviously it’s going to be better.
- I only read 100 books last year. I hope to do better this year.
- Your favourite writer is Jodi Picoult? Oh. Okay. Yeah, no, she’s fine.
- I would love to buy something like that but I spend all my money on books.
- Ebooks? Ew. There’s just something about a tangible book and the way it smells.
- Oh, you’re just getting to that book now? I read an ARC months ago.
- Tee hee! I just bought all these books and goodness, I feel so guilty!
- Um, where are your bookshelves?
- I don’t understand how you fill your time if you don’t read!
Remember, if you feel the urge to be a judgy-mc-judgerpants…