Time to reveal the answer to last week’s Name That Author!. First, here were the clues:
Here we go:
1. I am widely considered one of the first masters of the short story.
2. I set fire to a batch of my manuscripts, including a second part to my most famous book, immediately became bedridden and then, nine days later, I died.
3. A character in a recent novel is given my last name, much to his chagrin.
4. In my most famous story, a certain body part detaches itself from its owner to go live a life of its own.
5. It has been said that most of Russian literature comes from my ‘overcoat.’
And now….the answer.