We start by giving you one clue, then one additional clue per hour through the afternoon. The first person to guess the author correctly wins a book of our choosing, and all other correct guessers will be entered into a drawing at the end of each month.
You can submit your guess using the form below after any clue, but if you’re wrong, you’re out for the week. So you’ve got to pick your spot. Too early and you might be wrong; wait until you’re sure, and you might get scooped.
**Be warned: if you Tweet your guess or leave a comment with your guess, you’re not only disqualified for this week, but for the rest of the month.**
Here we go:
1. I was twice given command of US naval ships and both times by commanding officers removed me from command because they thought I was unequal to the task.
2. Though it is claimed that I studied nuclear physics in college, I took only one related course…and flunked it.
3. I spent several years aboard my personal fleet and called myself commodore.
4. An early version of my most famous work was called The Dark Sword, Excalibur or Science of the Mind.
5. It’s my birthday next week.
[contact-form-7 id=”4365″ title=”Name That Author!”]